Born outside of Seoul, South Korea and raised in the Argentine neighborhood of Kansas City, Kansas, with time spent in Baltimore and Oakland before moving to Maine.
I tend to be restless and love a challenge. My adult life has been spent undertaking a variety of creative pursuits and non-creative tangents including:
- Manual paste-up for a bay-area newspaper
- Teaching myself HTML (it was the 90s) while working for two professional blackjack players
- Tackling my first paying illustration job, a gouache-painted, exploded view of an adult diaper for a healthcare catalog, with a one-day turnaround.
- Freelancing for PowerBar and a handful of Bay Area agencies, plus the resulting culture shock of being in proper offices with actual cubicles and water coolers after having worked in record stores for years
- Moving to my adopted hometown of Portland, Maine, where I still think the most interesting people hide their light under a bushel
- Running a recording studio and record label
- Playing guitar, most recently with An Anderson
- Teaching myself modular synthesis using eurorack and Buchla instruments
- Rediscovering my childhood love of cycling
- Rediscovering my childhood love of pencils
I live in Portland’s Deering Center neighborhood with my wife, artist Carrie Scanga, and our incredible four year old daughter.